HOW DO I CARRY OUT MY IDEA?
You have learnt how to draw up a business plan and how to prepare for your business. No doubt, you’re becoming impatient by now to start your business! Don’t worry, we’re nearly there. First, however, you must plan practically for the all the things that you will need.
First do the following:
- Write down your goals. Where do you see yourself in six months? Write down dates by when you want to reach each of your goals.
- Make a list of everything you will need to start your business. For example, the material needed to make your products, your transport, how you’re going to transport your product, what packaging you’ll use, the hiring of a stall, and what you’re going to pay the people who help you. Try to think of everything!
- Where will you get all these things? Write it down!.
- Write down the steps you will follow to get your business off the ground. For example:
- I will buy the material for my product.
- Thereafter I will make the product.
- Then I will make pamphlets to advertise my product.
- And finally I will book a stall at which to sell my product.
- Write down the date by which you will finish.
- Get a book or computer program for bookkeeping. (Don’t get a fright – click here to learn all about bookkeeping)