An easy and quick way to get exposure for your business is to have a stall at a market day or at some other event.
Here are a few tips if you plan to open a stall:
- Small change must be easily available and be sorted. A chocolate box with compartments works well because you can see where the one rands, 50 cents, and the other money is.
- Look after your money so that you don’t lose it or it doesn’t get stolen.
- Wear something that goes with your stall. For example, if you sell biltong, dress like a hunter. You could even paint the name of your business on a T-shirt.
- Remember to always be neat and hygienic. If, for example, you sell food, you must wear gloves and an apron – it looks neat and people will buy from you with confidence.
- Believe in your product and be proud of it. Use your own product! If, for example, you make pretty pencils, use them in class – then everyone else will want them. Or if you make beads or clips, wear them every day. You never know when someone will notice them and place a big order!