What is marketing?
Marketing is to let people, who you really want as clients, know about your business using different ways.
Marketing is one of the most important things that you can do for your business. To tell the truth, without marketing your business cannot exist. If you don’t tell people about your business, they won’t know about it. Therefore you must tell people about your product or service, what it costs, and where they can buy it. It’s a good idea to have business cards made for yourself.
Maybe you can start a business that makes business cards for other people!
Think about an idea to to market your product in such a way that people notice it. Think up a clever slogan or maybe a jingle. Think a bit about advertisements on television. Luckily you’ve learnt many techniques by now, and you know how to think up many ideas. Go back to the beginning of this chapter and use the techniques that you learnt to help you to think up a cute advertisement. Also decide how you will advertise. (This will determine what type of advertisement you must come up with.)
You can make use of the following:
- Pamphlets that you hand out at places where there could be a market for your product;
- announcements at school;
- your local newspaper, school newspaper, your school’s circulars, or even the church’s newsletters to advertise in;
- your friends – tell everyone about your business and ask them to help you to tell others about it;
- e-mail – e-mail your advertisement to everyone you know and ask them to send it to everyone in their address books;
- Facebook-if you’re old enough
webpages – create a webpage where people can read about your business on the Internet. For example, on the pamphlets that you hand out, you can refer people to your webpage (where they can read more about your product). If you don’t know how to create a webpage, then you can decide to pay someone to do it as part of your business costs.
Get a free website that is easy to make by using wix.com